Quality of healthcare assignment
- This paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
- Submit to the appropriate assignment area by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
- The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page.
- NOTE: You have the option of verbally presenting the content of your paper and uploading/sending the video to your instructor and posting it in the designated Week 8 threaded discussion. For the video option, you must still include a written introduction and conclusion, title page and reference list, per APA.
- APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See APA manual for details. See resource under the course Library Guide, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.” Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
- Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
- New Nursing Care Delivery Model and Patient Safety Goals
- Key Concepts
- Supporting Evidence
Preparing the paper
As the nurse executive of your organization, you must reexamine your current nursing care delivery model (your current model is total-patient-care) and propose a new model to reduce costs and improve the quality of healthcare for your organization. Your staffing budget will remain fixed next year, and you had a recent visit by The Joint Commission which revealed some patient safety goal issues, which you must address. You are considering switching from a total-patient-care delivery model to a new patient care delivery model.
- Clearly introduce your quality of healthcare assignment in the introduction paragraph. Include a sentence that states the purpose of your assignment.
- Clearly identify and articulate a new nursing care delivery model to increase the economic (reduce costs) and quality outcomes for your organization. Discuss at least two patient safety goals to focus on, that you feel are needed, for your organization.
- Clearly articulate how the key concepts of your new nursing care delivery model will reduce costs and improve the quality of healthcare in the organization you have chosen. Discuss how these key concepts relate to the contextual domain of the person-centred nursing leadership framework by McCormack and McCance (2017).
- Include a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence to support the nursing care delivery model to be implemented.
- Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content.
- The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).